Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Never too old.

I have been teaching a variety of classes for many years.  I used to teach computer courses, then yoga, then childbirth classes.  I love it.  I think one of my favorite things is the interesting people that I meet.  I love sharing my knowledge but I love learning new things from and about them too.

I taught a yoga class this morning and met a new student.  We got to talking after class and she mentioned she was just getting into yoga and really liked it.  For the past several years she has been running marathons.  She is doing the next Boston Marathon and then that will be her last one.  She has come to yoga for something new.  She felt that she was getting to old for marathons.  I said that she didn't look at all that old and certainly not too old.  She told me she was 68 - imagine the sound when my jaw hit the floor.  Amazing 68 and running marathons.  68 and just starting to practice yoga.

Just goes to show that you are never too old to try something new!

Namaste,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment