Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ahimsa and pain

I may have mentioned a while ago that in September I was in a minor car accident but was rear ended from behind.  I have since been seeing a chiropractor and a massage therapist.  It seems that my pelvis took the majority of the impact and it hurts!!!

Ahimsa - non harming.  Pain with a purpose?  I had a really great deep tissue massage the other day, however the past couple of days I am in a LOT of pain

, my ankle aches and my hips ache, walking and standing and sitting are all almost unbearable.  I want to practice yoga but it hurts to move.  If I don't practice it hurts and if I do it hurts.  How do I find the ahimsa in all of this?

I know that the massage and chiro are working and that the pain is progress.  Previously during treatments I was feeling nothing.  Yoga was making me more flexible and more difficult to treat - my chiropractor seems at a loss to treat my pelvis and massage hurts.  I want to sit and meditate on it, but I don't know if I can free my mind from the hurting in my hips? 

Finding the yoga in this part of my life right now is a bit difficult.  I will muscle through and find the light on the other side.  Perhaps this is my body working on me finding the edge - the point where I can't take any more, the point where it will get as bad as it can and then it will get better.  The pain is also a reminder to listen to my body, be present and accepting.  I keep reminding myself that there is something to learn through this, that anything worth learning is hard.

I will muscle through, nurture myself and be present through the pain and be grateful and accepting when it leaves me and I know it will.

Hari Om,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment