Monday, November 2, 2009

Fear in the Face of Yoga

As part of the teacher training program I am taking we are encouraged to try different types of yoga. Since I have been practicing for so long I have tried so many different kinds already. Like many creatures of habit I have stuck with those that I like. I have never done bikram or hot yoga. For those of you reading who many not know what that is it is yoga done in a heated room, the benefits are that you can go further without damage because the heat softens everything up. The heat also causes you to sweat like crazy which helps to eliminate toxins in the body.

Part of the reason I have never done Bikram before is because I am a little scared. I normally do not enjoy sweltering heat - things like sauna's and hot tubs work for about 5 or 10 minutes and then I feel claustrophobic and need to flee asap! The fear for me was that Bikram would be like doing yoga in a sauna - sounds quite unpleasant if you ask me.

Funny thing you would think by reading this blog that I have tried it and either loved it or hated it right. Wrong, I have tried to go to a Bikram class twice this week and have not made it. Is it life getting in the way or Bikram or is it still the fear holding me back.

Stay posted and see if I look Fear in the eye, in the Face of Yoga!!!

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment